Gather your paperwork
Buying a home or refinancing may seem like a tedious process, gather these documents to make your transaction go smoothly. It’s better to get organized as soon as possible, but where do you start and what exactly do you need?
- Copies of the two two years federal tax returns and any W2/1099 forms
- Copies of current pay stubs covering the most recent 30 day period
- Copies of the most recent two months bank statements for all accounts, including 401k and retirement accounts
- A current government issued photo ID card
- A copy of your current mortgage statement and hazard insurance policy (Refinances only)
- Copy of your DD-214 (VA loans only)